SUNITA TRUST FOUNDATION was established on 29 November 2019 in Dang Ghorahi-15 after it was duly registered at the office of company registrar of Nepal government as non-profit distributing organization with its registration number -229311076/076.
Sunita Trust Foundation was named after Sunita Chaudhary, who was a founding member of Gramin Mahila Utthan Kendra (Rural Women Development Center-RWDC). This foundation was established to commemorate Sunita Chaudhary’s memories and to embody her cherished dream to contribute to humanitarian goals.
Sunita’s premature demise while serving the RWDC goals and leaving behind her one son at a tender age who needed the love and care of her mother is the very concept that led to establishment of this foundation under the strong leadership of Aasmani Chaudhary who is the chairperson of this foundation currently.
Aasmani Chaudhary, who is also the successful founding chairperson of RWDC for the last 26 years.
- Vision: Education for an empowered society
Mission: To facilitate educational facilities to all children and women by enhancing their capacities.
- To improve the school enrollment of deprived children through distribution of scholarships, uniforms, bags, books and pen, pencils.
- To create awareness for importance of education among the marginalized communities.
- To construct and reconstruct or repair school buildings where deprived children study.
- To conduct income generation training to parents of deprived children through livelihood programs that can support their parents in education of children.